Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Thesis

Rough Draft Thesis/ Introduction
 
   To me, imagery is the most important thing about a film. It engulfs the audience and transports them to another time or place. That's how I felt when I first saw The Shining. It transformed me; with it's striking cinematography, eerie music, but most importantly, the spectacular directing by Stanley Kubrick. He was a genius, yet never felt that he needed to live up to any expectations. He did once say, "Never put me on a pedestal. When someone's on a pedestal, there's no creativity."And I believe his films reflected that ideology. Each of his films had puzzling endings that he felt never had to be explained; you could interpret them any way you wanted to. His perfectionism was, at times, intimidating, but his attention to details and most of all, imagery,  is why his directing set the bar so high for films. He is one of the most respected directors of all time and I feel that not only did Stanley Kubrick pave the way for other directors who want to capture life the way he did, his films also changed the way many people interpret life today.

Main points

-Life

-Career

-Directing Style

-Legacy


No comments:

Post a Comment